What's it all about?...

This Blog is basically my ramblings whilst on holiday - an electronic postcard!

Friday 7 August 2009

Day – 15 Loafin' around locally...





Nothing really thrilling to report today, we have been really lazy, went into Sooke to post yesterday's blog, had a coffee at “The Reading room” and bought some milk, (I said nothing really thrilling didn't I?!)

After all this excitement we went to a local park called the Sooke “Pot holes”, they are a series of deep pools along the Sooke river caused by the rocks and steep river banks, it was actually a nice walk, we saw some youths swimming and climbing the “cliffs” at the side of one pool to jump in – it looked impressive, and certainly very cold.

Further upstream we were able to get to the water and yes it was cold! We paddled and lazed about, we also saw some large pebble “structures” that someone had built by the water – these structures are based on the idea of “First Nation” statues, (a bit like Stonehenge, they are common in British Colombia).

Because not much has happened I've included a picture from yesterday – remember I said I saw a car in the forest?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Followers