What's it all about?...

This Blog is basically my ramblings whilst on holiday - an electronic postcard!

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Road trip!

This is a short test run for the blog to make sure I can remember how to do it later in the summer when we go to the Far East!So it's the first day of my holidays and its time for a road trip! I thought I'd go up north to my parents in Stockton, but take a detour to make the journey interesting...I've always hankered after seeing Antony Gormley's "Another place" figures which are sited off Crosby Beach just north of Liverpool - so on the way to an overnight stop at Windermere youth hostel I took a detour...At low tide they look like this...When I got there today it was 1:05pm, and high tide was due at 1:14pm, so what I saw was this...Bah! So I had a really tasteless "Jumbo hotdog" from a catering van and headed for the Lakes.When I got to Windermere I was so hot in my biking kit that I did a discrete little strip tease in a back street car park - for a long journey the armoured knees and hips of my "Hein Gericke" gear is great, but for a slow "pootle" in today's heat I'll take a risk on my jeans. I found the hostel and left my stuff and went for an explore.The "slow pootle" I had in mind was a traverse of 3 high lake land passes; Hardnott, Wrynose, and GreatLangdale. I've ridden them before, but they're so exhilarating that I keep coming back for more!

After 270 miles I finally rolled into Bowness to find a pub that does food and Wi-fi. The food was good but the Wi-fi didn't want to work. Ah well, I'll sort something.Posted with BlogsyPosted with Blogsyx




2 comments:

  1. Great to see you on a mini-bike break, shame you missed the beach statues, never heard of them before but they look cool. If the rain appears, I guess the full leathers will be welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrew, enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Followers