What's it all about?...

This Blog is basically my ramblings whilst on holiday - an electronic postcard!

Saturday 2 August 2014

Day 4: Corfu old town

So here we are in Greek waters, the ship steamed through the narrow channel between Albania and Corfu Island as we ate breakfast in the "Waterside" restaraunt - a strange name don't you think, as surely on a ship all the restaraunts could be described as "waterside"? The docking was un-eventful and we set off to explore soon after.

 

 

 

Our plan was to walk to the old town and wander around, visit a few cafés and if possible find a barbers as my hair is getting so long I can't do a thing with it... I told Jan I wanted to see "the old fort", she mis heard me and thought I said "the old fart", and told me she could see that already - she can be so unkind at times.

The Old Fort was worth a visit actually, although Jan was initially fed up with the prospect of a sweaty climb to the lighthouse at the top, the view was great, and another chance for me to experiment with video links presented itself - http://youtu.be/XyNoWL-RL2A

 

Back in the town we found a classic back street barbers, where I was treated to a "short back and polish" and a beard trim - it was the crimper's idea to take the photo.

 

Tonight's inboard attractions include "The Glass House Taster Dinner", this involves mixing wine tasting and sampling various foods, it's supposed to be an educational experience for the palate, but after the promised 4 or 5 glasses of wine I don't think I'll care about how brainy my palate has become!

After that, if we have the energy, we plan to visit the Arena theatre to watch a film, (Jack Ryan-Shadow recruit).

 

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

Facebook

Followers