What's it all about?...

This Blog is basically my ramblings whilst on holiday - an electronic postcard!

Monday 4 August 2014

Day 6: Do not be alarmed...

Before I report on the deeds of the day, a little dedication: I started this holiday blog several summers ago as a means of saving money on postcards to my mum and dad, letting them share in our adventures - anyway, today is mum's birthday, so happy birthday to you!

An interesting start to the day, I was happily showering this morning when I noticed a button (switch?), high up on the wall... Curiosity got the better of me and so I pressed it several times to see what happened... Apparently nothing so I left it and continued my "ablutions". When I emerged from the shower Jan told me that reception had been on the phone asking if "everything was okay?" The switch I had been messing with was the disabled passengers alarm system... I shall look the other way when we check out.

We are in Civitavecchia today and most of the passengers are going on coach trips to Rome. We decided that we would stay local so had more time, a leisurely breakfast and then an hour on a sun bed with our books, we had difficulty choosing where to settle...

 

The port trip was pleasant, just strolling and window shopping, Italian coffee, Italian pizza and Italian ice cream. http://youtu.be/pIL7obgBnrY

 

 

Apart from being the significant port for Rome Civitavecchia isn't much of a tourist hot spot, (although at this time of year it is still a "hot spot"), but it does have a historic medieval fort and an eye catching modern statue on the promenade.

We heard from fellow passengers returning from Rome after their 10 hour trip, that the queues were really bad and the crowds predictably busy. Our day has been relaxing and quiet so I think we got the best deal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Followers