What's it all about?...

This Blog is basically my ramblings whilst on holiday - an electronic postcard!

Thursday 7 August 2014

Day 8: I say I say I say...

"I say I say I say, I went to a northern Italian port today with a charming lady.."

"Genoa?"

"Of course I do it was Jan!"

(I have been planning that joke since we left Corfu! Lol)

Today lots of folk leave and arrive as Genoa is the mid-point of the trip, so there are loads of new people wandering around looking lost and confused, it's amusing to laud it over them, pretending to be veteran cruisers! However we aren't so clever really as this evening we ended up in the wrong dining area without realising it and caused much confusion amongst the waiters.


In the morning we went on a "city tour" bus ride of Genoa, taking in the sights and breathing in the traffic fumes... Genoa is very congested, scooters and buses coming at you from all angles! Christopher Colombus originally came from here, he probobaly left and discovered North America because he was looking for a parking space.


Some of the litle narrow streets are very charming and as usual we stumbled upon several cafés which sold nice coffee and "gelato". We even found a small food outlet that sold Genoa cake! So in the name of research we were obliged to buy a sample - and some lovely focaccia bread and a slice of "farinata", yummy.

The daily trips to the gym are proving tough, but with this food intake I need to make the effort, have been doing 5k a day on the treadmill and judging by the sweat I am depositing on the machinery I must be doing myself some good.

As I mentioned before, we went to the wrong dining room tonight and the waiter was most confused when he could find no record of Jan's veggie order, we were becoming equally confused until we realised the decor was slightly unfamiliar... And this is before we had been drinking!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Followers